Data Compliance & Phishing Awareness – Case Study

Chris HunterUncategorized

Metacompliance & Phishing Awareness  HM Network have made it our mission to help businesses and organisations improve processes when it comes to data privacy and become cyber aware. In 2017/18 our #GDPRexpress events saw over 1000 attendees, and highlighted the importance of good data governance to organisations across the North of England.  We often hear from small and medium sized … Read More

Helping visitors connect with social media and guest Wi-Fi

Chris HunterUncategorized

Preston City Council faced a challenge in being able to offer a safe and legally compliant way for customers to use guest WiFi at a number of council venues around the City.  “HM Network were really helpful and have provided Preston City Council with Social WiFi and connectivity services for the last few years at our Leisure Centres and city … Read More

Fylde Coast’s ITS Full Fibre Network Big Switch On

Chris HunterUncategorizedLeave a Comment

Blackpool Businesses can now access gigabit capable broadband services over ITS Full Fibre network HM Network partner and Network operator ITS, has announced that businesses on the Fylde Coast can now start to access transformational full fibre gigabit business broadband and connectivity services. Now live in Blackpool town centre, a phased roll out will see the ITS Full Fibre network … Read More

Are You Cyber Essentials Certified? If not, why?

Chris HunterUncategorized

Cyber Essentials is the UK Governments benchmark to show that a business takes Cyber Security seriously. On 30th May 2019 HM Network once again gained our Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation. So what does CE+ mean? It demonstrates that your organisation is security conscious. It shows you value the importance of taking measures to secure your customers data. Being Cyber Essential … Read More

A Solution To Your GDPR Questions?

Chris HunterUncategorized

You will no doubt be aware that GDPR is not just IT / Cyber related, so the sterling work your IT team are doing will account for around for a 10% of what’s needed. Thinking about the other 90%… In relation to your Data Protection Officer / nominated compliance person, what tools did you decide to use in order to … Read More

BT Shop

Chris HunterUncategorized

If you are considering upgrading your connectivity it is very likely that you may also be thinking about upgrading some of your equipment too. Whether you are looking for a new computer for the office, gaming peripherals for the kids, tablets, storage devices, displays, or networking products to get your home or business connected, then visit our friends over at BT … Read More

What happens if your line goes down?

Chris HunterUncategorized

Imagine the scene: You’re in the office. There’s ten of you, all on the phones and using the internet. Your customers come in for their meetings. They like your offices because you let them have access to your Wi-Fi so while they wait they can check their emails and get on with business. Your team has just moved everything onto … Read More